Sunday, January 01, 2012

It's Officially a Non-Day

It's January 1st, but I have decided to postpone the new year.  I've decided 2012 will begin tomorrow.

Look, today is just not the day to start a new year.  First of all, it's a holiday - New Year's Day - and it's the day after whoop-dee-doo New Year's Eve.  (Which for me is not nearly as much whoop as it used to be, by the way. Instead of my usual one glass of wine with dinner last night, I had an extra half glass.  Oohhhhh  Whoop.)  But on top of that, it's Sunday.  A day of rest.  I'm sorry, but all those new year's resolutions and eager self-improvement ideas in my head are just going to have to wait a day. I can't pull it off today.  I'm taking the day off.  Suspending time for just a bit. 

Tomorrow, that's when I will begin 2012.  Tomorrow I will start writing that novel.  Tomorrow I will begin taking daily walks.  Tomorrow I will go grocery shopping and fill my cart with healthy food.  Tomorrow I will.....wait a minute.  If today is New Year's Day and it's Sunday, then tomorrow is the legal holiday.  It's another day off. 

Cool.  I guess I'm going to begin 2012 on Tuesday. 

------

No comments: