Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Jeans in My Closet


I have a working theory;  jeans shrink while hanging in the closet. 

Other kinds of pants do it too, but I really notice it with the jeans.  And apparently, the longer they hang there without being worn, the more they shrink. 

 I was confronted with this phenomenon again today.  I reached for my “loose jeans” which I have not worn in some time.  I wanted to wear those today because I plan to do household chores that will require bending and moving about.  But when I put them on, I discovered much to my disgruntlement that they had shrunk.  They are no longer my loose jeans.  What the heck?

Shirts are more reliable, they rarely betray you like that.  But jeans.  I am very disappointed in them. 
Maybe it’s not really their fault.  Maybe, like people, they simply shrink with age. 

 That’s probably it. 


..............................................

1 comment:

Del said...

Great read loved it, however, I am happy your jeans shrunk!